Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

A SELFISH MINDSET

I felt incredibly unprepared. 
I had no experience or knowledge.  I found my life pulled into another dimension.
 I pause, I reflect on that diagnosis fifteen years ago.
I had just drunk three cans of soda one after another and had an incredible thirst.
  I had to let go of instant gratification, daily choices.  My now everyday choices required tremendous work and self control.
I was left to handle things that appeared to be insurmountable.  My finger tips became reluctant pincushions. Prescription meds. and paraphernalia lined the counter.
A visit to the grocery store became overwhelming and my head swirled at the decisions I had to make.  Every meal was a potential mine field.  Every mental label a "poison" to any high carbs.

It can become easy to live with a selfish mindset at this point yet I am aware that there is nothing that God is unaware of and every detail of my life has a purpose.
This "thorn in the flesh" has served as a reminder of how little I still don't understand of God and His preparing me for future events.


"To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me."
  ~Col. 1:29
 






No comments:

Post a Comment