Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 11, 2018

THE LAST DOLLAR

 “God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply.” - J. Hudson Taylor

College Years
I felt as dark and dismal as the rain around me.  My finances were low and I had just spent my last dollar to attend a concert and I was homeless.

God in His sovereignty had already made plans.  
 Matthew 6:8. “. . .  for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask Him.”
   I was soon moving into a large gorgeous Victorian type house with the Alumni Secretary of the school to assist in the care of her mother who had Alzheimer's.
 Mornings were spent at the house in exchange for board, room, and a small salary.  I attended classes in the afternoons and evenings.
 Contrary to popular misconception, it is God who controls all finances. Many Christians say "God is sovereign and in control of everything", but actions and attitudes toward money prove differently.

I have lived most of my life in a context of financial deprivation but living in a context of abundance.
We too seldom  bring God into the equation.
Twenty years as home missionaries became our faith stretching years.  Living financially lean years has become a tool for maturity and growth.  I must confess, I still need a lot of molding as we transition to fixed income years, otherwise known as retirement.

God controls every dollar and peso. Five out of 57 years, 2005-2010




No comments:

Post a Comment