Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 29, 2018

ANOTHER SUNDAY

Another early bright sunny Sunday morning.
I sit again in the silence of my car with periodic sounds of car doors and trunks closing.

A slight breeze permeates the air, dancing leaves above in the trees draw my attention.  The Indian Hawthorn at the base is in full bloom.  Scanning the trunk of the tree to the left of me, I spy a letter "J" carved into its trunk.
I close my eyes for a few seconds, drawing in a deep breath treasuring these serene moments before services begin.

I open my eyes, a canary yellow mustang has just entered the parking lot, a beautiful specimen of a car.  Memories call back to an incident from years ago.  My then boy friend thought it would be really cool to give me a stick shift driving lesson in his Mustang on either Baxter or Fargo street.  If you are from LA then you know that these are some of the steepest streets in the city.  Well that did not go well.  I had to relinquish the drivers seat back to him as I had stalled the vehicle.  After that, I never learned the stick shift thing.
The feeling I get at stepping out of my car and strolling through the parking lot never ceases to amaze me.  The warm sense of joy and peace overwhelms me.  I am greeted with smiles and warmth from strangers and those I know. 
The trellis's and the bouganvilla stand like three sentinels on the outside gym wall in full bloom, flourishing and thriving.
From a distance the weather vane makes a dashing impression.
  On what side of life are you living?  Are you walking in the Spirit today?  Is your life pointing in the right direction?  Is your light shining?
Even a venture into the restroom can be an experience as I watch a more experienced Gracer instruct a Newbie on how the magic paper towel dispenser works.  This Gracer went the extra mile and set off all the other dispensers with paper towels ready to go for the next Gracer or stranger.  I thought, "How cool is that!"
I decide to get my coffee wiff fix, rounded the corner,  stopped transfixed.  The line for coffee at the Steeple was somewhat long.  Something, I had never seen at church yet.
My Sunday morning church adventures culminated in a stimulating sermon.  I left with a challenge to keep WALKING in the spirit, Galatians 5:16-26


No comments:

Post a Comment