Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 22, 2018

BENEFITS OF BLOGGING

Many times I have relegated my spiritual journey to the back ground of my life.
  To see more and understand more of God's activity, patterns and directions in my life and perhaps respond in different ways. Journaling and blogging have helped me to think, to notice, and to remember those activities in a more purposely way.

Journaling is one thing but journaling spiritual encounters gives a sense of  meaning of the past and perhaps gain insight, glimpses into the future.

 My story gives me a better understanding of my present time and  ability to glorify God in the present and future requires knowing something of the past.

 Seeing God actively present in my life and developing a sense of noticing those presents, I hope to gain a better understanding of his intent for my life and my relationship with him.  I hope to  keep from being spiritually and mentally lazy.


"...my object in making this Journal is to accustom myself to self-examination, and to give my experience a visible form, so as to leave a stronger impression on the memory, and thus to improve my soul in holiness; for the review of such lasting testimony will serve the double purpose of conviction and consolation." ~ (from THE LIFE AND LETTERS of Henry Martyn, by John Sargent; Banner Of Truth Trust, 1985, pg.29)

Borrowing the words from another author, 
"Another priceless benefit of our pilgrimage is the certainty that the Lord superintends our route, Employing every situation to our eternal spiritual good, and weaving the strands of life to serve his purposes for us."
  So, I am venturing out in hopes of sharing and discovering more of my Spiritual story.  That is why I blog.  I want a permanent reminder of what God has done, giving vent to a heart whose desire is to cultivate the benefits of a relationship with God.
MY ENCOUNTER WITH HUMILITY Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment