Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 3, 2017

EGG SHELLS & SANITY

On God's love for us: "If there is any one truth I would gladly impress on the mind of a young Christian, it is just this, that God notices the most trivial act, accepts the poorest, most threadbare little service, listens to the coldest, feeblest petition and gathers up with parental fondness all our fragmentary desires and attempts at good works. Oh, if we could only begin to conceive how He loves us, what different creatures we should be!" (p. 61 Elizabeth Prentiss-STEPPING HEAVENWARD)
MY WORLD OF ADJECTIVES:
anger, bitter, chaotic, clingy, complainer, confusing,
  critical,  demeaning, depressive, disorganized, draining,

 drama,  emotional,  erratic, exasperating, explosive, fear-inducing,  frustrating,  impossible,  incomplete,

 inconsistent, irrational, irritable, irritating,  miserable, moody, , perplexing, resentful, sarcastic, seesaw, suffocating, tense, tiresome, train-wreck,  undependable,

 unforgiving, unhappy,  unpredictable, unreasonable, unreliable, untrusting, vengeful,  wound-up.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

Every day, I wake up anticipating to having to tread lightly—each day I wake up--  to walk on eggshells ever so carefully  lest I be lashed at.
  It’s the daily adaptations to prevent  painful episodes, to keep the peace and some semblance of order that wearies me.  For forty years! I have been trying to make sense out of this insanity.





Psychology Today describes my everyday world:
 
 "... life where one minute things are ok and the next minute there is an explosive outburst. One minute everything seems fine and the next minute, with the slightest of provocations, there is an acrimonious verbal assault that lasts for hours leaving you, scared, bewildered, disparaged, even questioning your own sanity. These individuals are not just mercurial, they are arbitrary and capricious in how they deal with others and so you never feel like you can relax around them—turmoil seems to always be either around the corner, a small incident, or one misspoken word away. Out of necessity you have to tread lightly, as if on eggshells, just to survive."


“There is no wilderness so dreary but that His love can illuminate it, no desolation so desolate but that He can sweeten it.  I know what I am saying.  It is no delusion.  I believe that the highest, purest happiness is known only to those who have learned Christ in sick-rooms, in poverty, in racking suspense and anxiety, amid hardships, and at the open grave.” (Elizabeth Prentiss)


MORE LOVE TO THEE-ELIZABETH PRENTISS click here for BIO


  1. More love to Thee, O Christ, more love to Thee!
    Hear Thou the prayer I make on bended knee;
    This is my earnest plea: More love, O Christ, to Thee;
    More love to Thee, more love to Thee!
  2. Once earthly joy I craved, sought peace and rest;
    Now Thee alone I seek, give what is best;
    This all my prayer shall be: More love, O Christ, to Thee;
    More love to Thee, more love to Thee!
  3. Let sorrow do its work, come grief or pain;
    Sweet are Thy messengers, sweet their refrain,
    When they can sing with me: More love, O Christ, to Thee;
    More love to Thee, more love to Thee!
  4. Then shall my latest breath whisper Thy praise;
    This be the parting cry my heart shall raise;
    This still its prayer shall be: More love, O Christ, to Thee;
    More love to Thee, more love to Thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment