Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

LACK OF VIGILANCE

I was sorely reminded today of our lack of vigilance both physically and spiritually as an unfortunate, minor event occurred.  Col.4:2 came to mind, "Devote yourselves to pray, being watchful and thankful." 
 Neglecting "our duty" even in a small event as we witnessed today is a firm reminder not to let our guard down lest we fall or cause someone else to fall.  To much is at risk if we fail to be watchful or we will be caught by surprise.  What risks are we talking about?   What kind of surprises?  If we are not watchful our spiritual life will decline.  We will not be able to glorify God and ungodliness will permeate our lives.
Mark 13:37  "...What I say to you,I say to all:watch"  a warning to us.  Got to read more of the verses in this chapter, "watch & pray".
I neglected to stay focused on my priorities this morning.
So what did I learn this morning?  I learned or really was reminded of the importance of watchfulness.
I was aware of my own weakness in not being as alert and ready, not only in my job but also in spiritual things.

No comments:

Post a Comment