Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pruning

 I was traveling around with my husband searching for the ideal spot to take a photo when we happened upon a young man pruning some vines in a field.  We asked him if it would be alright to take his photo while he was doing the photo.  However, each time I was about to click the camera, he would move out of the picture.  Discouraged, I went on to search for another ideal spot but always came back to see if I could capture a photo of this "pruner".  We sat a ways away on some lawn chairs provided and continued to watch him as he made his way up the row.   As I watched, a toddler came and sat on my lap and we continued to watch.   Many other people sat around us also watching.   When the pruner was done, he came over to a special swinging, comfortable chair and sat down to watch us.   
Now you know, I rarely remember my dreams.

But I got to thinking how like us to just want to watch God pruning others and sit on the side line hoping we are not next.   How much more comfortable after the process we may find ourselves devoid of all the extras we think we can't get along with.    And do we want to stay in the toddler stage and never mature?   What kind of pruning do we need?   My fig tree desperately needs a pruning and its branches are every which way and most of its figs were dry and shriveled up.  Because of its long branches it was difficult to reach what was there.  

Well anyway, I have rambled on somewhat with having come to the conclusion, I need to study up more on this.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment