Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 2, 2012

Everybody has a Story: SoCal Part 9

My husband explaining how records are made.

Our Wedding                                                 
My days in the church nursery were fun, exciting, and challenging.

"If YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT, SHOUT AMEN"
     Upon graduation and a fine summer of getting re-aquainted with my family, my sister and I loaded our meager belongings and headed for Southern California. (July 27,1972)  My previous negative impressions of SoCal put aside, I considered this opportunity for a good clean break from the memories of the past year.  The change brought new horizons, new hope, and new experiences.    We found a cute apt. near where the Glendale Galleria would be built in the future.  I was again blessed with an aide job at the Broadview Convalescent Hospital in Glendale.              I began getting acquainted with friends at Church Of The Open Door where I began attending and hanging out with an uncle and aunt who were on staff at Gospel Recordings.  I was invited for a tour of the facilities and later invited to spend the summer as an intern.   When that summer ended, I did not feel led to go back to my old job, deciding that Gospel Recordings was where God was leading.      For the next 20 years my life revolved around that ministry, working in the shipping and ordering department.     I met my future husband there.  The Lord brought us together only to have that relationship disolve temporarily to resume later after sorting out issues.    December 13,1975, we were married at Montecito Park Union Church by Highland Park.  Our first home was a shack-like house in a back alley in the heart of LA.                    A year later we heard excited friends describe this wonderful church out in the Valley and decided to visit. We made it our home church.  That church GCC.             We then purchased a house one mile from church where we still reside.   In this home we raised three daughters and one son.   We experienced the excitement of all home births and did much homeschooling.  God had other plans for the other three to be with Him.           September l,1994, I shifted some of my ministry by coming on staff at church, working in the nursery, primarily with two year olds.  This was to be my ministry with periodic breaks in between until the present where I am still involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment