Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Everyone has a Story: The diamond part 8

   For a time, I reveled in the fact that I was engaged to a wonderful man and began making plans for the future.  On Thanksgiving Day, 1970, he broke that promise.  I sadly returned that gorgeous ring.  I was completely devastated and an emotional wreck, however, these were times that I had to totally depend on God to help me work through this time, at times doubting the validity of my relationship with Him.  I had many dark days and it took all effort to stay out of depression.  I immersed myself in my studies and pressed on to graduation that same year.          I had also quit my job at The Manor due to some difficulties.  God in his graciousness opened up an opportunity to live-in and help take care of a lady with Alzheimer's.   When that ended, I was provided another position as a companion for an elderly lady not far from the school.   God continually proved that He was providing for me and taking care of me in a way I had never been cared for before and this was to continue till the present.  Jehovah-Jirah, the Lord provides...

No comments:

Post a Comment