Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Skeletons In The Closet

 I find myself often communing with my previous blogs.

Do family embarrassments exist?


By some human standards, and media comparisons, it would appear that family embarrassments really exist.  By all worldly standards some of these should have sent one spiraling into depression if not for faith in God.

The question comes to mind, "What were they/I thinking?"

Come on fess up.  We all have family embarrassments that we would rather not discuss.

We are usually not privy to the skeletons in others closets or what others are going through at the same exact time , however. as time passes, it gets difficult to keep that door closed.  Once it opens a crack the weight of the contents cannot no longer hold the contents.  The contents of unspeakable things have spilled out.  They have caused unbelievable, yet believable consequences to the detriment of family relationships.

As time rolls on the distance between our so "perfect life" and our "now life".  It is so sad to see family members sucked into the lies of this world. Yet what should we expect as the ruler of this earth the father of lies and deception.

(Con't.)

This morning, I spent some considerable time in the Girls room, not my preferable choice but none the less there  I was.  As I sat there, I observed a small insect traversing the area rug close to my feet.  

My first instinct was to squash that little thing out of extinction, however, if I did it would probably have just sink further into the recesses of the fibers and I would have lost him for ever even if he was still visible under God's gaze.

As I continued to watch him, the impression he gave  was one of confusion as he continued in a circular manor appearing as if looking for some portal to take him to some familiar territory.

I soon lost interest in him and he eventually disappeared from view, however, as I contemplated that little event, my mind drifted to some awesome scripture verses.

 I had just been reading about God's watchful care in Jeremiah 23:24 and how we can fool ourselves into thinking that we are outside of that gaze.  "Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them."

Through out my life, almost 73 now, in all the instances, I have felt alone, he has comforted me by these very thoughts, "We are never outside the watchful care of our Heavenly Father."

"Am I only a God nearby," declares the Lord, "and not a God far away?  Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?" declares the Lord, "Do not I fill heaven and earth?"

No matter how hemmed in with all those troubles I had yesterday and the whole of last month it is refreshing to be reminded of those bathroom thoughts.




No comments:

Post a Comment