Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 4, 2022

Patriotic Evidence

Each day I meet myself with the cares of today, the boring routines, and the anticipation of the unexpected and happened upons.

July 4, 2022

 I set out on my morning's adventure, a 2 .6 mi. of meandering through my neighborhood with the intentions of encountering some patriotic evidence and documenting such a day.   After all, our nation

intends to celebrate 250 years of Independence of which I have lived 72 years of those years.

Two blocks away, I paused to catch my breath, upon hearing a voice of greeting, I followed the sound as my friend Henry came bounding out the doggie door followed by his 3 French bull doggie siblings who came out to greet me.  I had a brief chat with that neighbor, wished her a good day, noticing a big patriotic ribbon tied to the lamppost.

I continued my walk to the stop sign, stopping momentarily,  contemplating which way to continue.  I chose to go in the same direction to see if one of my neighborhood friends just might happen to be out in her front garden.  She was not, so I continued on into that part of the neighborhood.

I followed the smell of an open barbecue and spied a man across the street where I was walking, in his front yard,   The odd thing about this is it was like 9:30 am.  I thought to myself, "I wonder if it is breakfast or lunch or maybe dinner to avoid the predicted heat.

Stellar blue skies & crepe myrtle bouquets 

I walked on five blocks before I found any more patriotic evidence, a far cry from the days we first moved into our neighborhood. (1976,77)

Two years in a row, we woke up on the 4th of July to find that someone had planted a flag in everyones front yard.  It was an awesome sight.  

As I kept going, I did find some scattered flags about.

Now what, I found interesting was as I rounded the corner, I almost missed the most patriotic display of our immediate neighborhood.  I have often seen the man who lives in that house speaking another language and by the display appreciates our country more than we perhaps.

As I was conversing with God this morning, the perks of solo walks, I was thanking him for all the little subtle things that I have been observing happening.  There has never been so much clarity of Scriptures and appreciation for our traditional hymns.

  I have been noticing how clearer and bluer the sky has been these days and this morning it did not disappoint me.  As I progressed in my walk, a gentle cool breeze followed me. 


I have always had not so great eye sight but the last few whole moons we have had, I have been able to see the pattern.  I have never ever been able to see that before.  The first time I was able to see that with more clarity, I just can't describe the emotions I had.  

I have been experiencing hearing loss but somehow the birds are chirping louder and seem to have returned to our neighborhood.

There appears to be a stirring of things. It kind of seems as if the world is waking up.  And if you are not too busy doing other things, well you just notice little subtle changes.


Just when you think that Spring is over and the Jacaranda trees have almost shed all  their blossoms, some Crepe Myrtle trees begin to show their beauty.  The white blossomed ones are almost all but gone but the dark pink ones were in their full glory today.Favorites

 
Historian William J. Federer: “Over and over again, we see the hand of Providence intervening. Allowing us to become this free and prosperous country that basically gives the individual the rights and freedoms.”


No comments:

Post a Comment