Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 9, 2021

LOOSE LEAF NOTEBOOK ~A foggy morning

"A walk is always filled with significant phenomena, which are valuable to see and to feel.  A pleasant walk most often teems with imageries and living poems, with enchantments and natural beauties, be they ever so small."  ~Robert Walser

A foggy morning walk

What if I told you what an impact Elisabeth Elliot has had on my life.  "God often isolates a man in order to reveal Himself.  It is when alone that a man most clearly recognizes God for Who He is." 

What if I told you, if you are having a hard time, begin by reading the Psalms.

What if I told you that I applied for a job at OneGeneration.  I got a job but did not work one single day because it would require me to work full time and close up .  That job was as an activity director.  I laugh at the thought as I had no experience and brought up a memory from HS where I won a chess tournament by default.  Yes, by default, I had no clue what the game was about.


What if I told you, I haven't a clue about a lot of things. 

Can you hear yourself arguing?  Can you hear yourself talking to yourself? 

What if I told you that a lot of decisions are already made for us.

The older I get, I find that patience is not one of my fortes.


Well, here I am, because this is where life put me.

Am I recognizing the many glimpses of God’s care for me?

I know the Lord Cares for me but sometimes the pain of rejection pushes those truths aside.  Pushes those truths aside just enough to question.  

What if I told you, that the pain of betrayal can be devastating.  For some reason those events have a way of remaining in the memory. There have been circumstance in that I have been inclined to think that no one cares and cause me to question whether even God cares. but knowing that my mind must push aside such thoughts. 

Those thoughts seam to magnify in the dark of night.  Somehow those thoughts drift in an out  through out the night longing for day light to come quicker.  We are not forsaken.

What if I told you that I have experienced some strange things in life?  Would you be taken aback?  Perhaps every thing we are experiencing is strange these days.

  Now from God’s perspective I'm sure that nothing is strange and perhaps circumstance could be interpreted as strange.  Perhaps unusual would be a better word.

God carried us through 2020 and has carried us through almost 2021.  We have walked through those times while God has provided and promised.  The sun still shines, night time still comes.


The path God has chosen for me may not be your path and yet we still complain and are impatient as on the way of life as the Israelites did in Numbers 21:4-5. 

We just want 2021 to end but that is how we felt about 2020 to end not knowing what was ahead was even worse than we had envisioned.  The kind of life we so desperately wanted has not happened.  Like the Israelites, we long for the good things of 2018 or 2019 or earlier.

Why do blankets give us such comfort?

What if I told you, This post has been sitting around waiting to be published.  Good thing because, I accidentally deleted all my notes for new future blogs.  All my ideas gone.  Oh, well.




No comments:

Post a Comment