Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 16, 2021

THE NOSEY NEIGBOR~Imagination stirred

Things that spark imagination.

Curiosity is an essential part of my life.  It keeps the spark of my life alive.

"My aim is to put down on paper what I see and
what I feel in the best and simplest way."  ~Ernest Hemingway

The fact that reading, is an avenue to imagination.

Daydreaming is a more deliberate way of sparking that curiosity with its possibilities.
I am not a fan of Edgar Allan Poe but it was required reading and understanding in school, however, he did say,


 "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."

When, I go on neighborhood walks, I either am observing things I haven't seen before or that have changed since the last time I walked that way or letting my mind wander.
The last of the Jacaranda blooms for this season.

 
 Who lives in that house?  I wonder what's behind that gate.  As I gaze at the incoming planes, I often wonder where that plane originated from and where will its passengers go after landing.
Yes, there is much to amuse myself by speculating on such things.
Those are the things that trigger an idea.
Silk Floss bloom litter

Curiosity, exploration, and questions are the triplets that always spark imagination.  Who knows what surprise you'll find.
Remember when you were a certain age, you started asking questions starting with "why" "why", and so on.
Silk Floss tree

Perhaps it's good not to lose that child in you and constantly ask yourself questions about not anything in particular.
I missed so much of my childhood that I am particularly enjoying this second one.






No comments:

Post a Comment