Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 20, 2021

LITTLE SIGNS

 Here's my first Monday's  thoughts of the day.

There are little signs of season change, that summer is coming to an end.


Daylight hours lessen and daylight savings time looms on the horizon.

Some trees are beginning to change color while others hold on just a wee bit longer.  The mornings are cooler, a season of melancholy permeates my being. 

A year that began with high hopes is fading.  The hope of turning a corner and finding the nightmare gone fades with each day as we hear of loved ones going on before us, of loved ones stuck in a perpetual state of suspension, of loved ones struggling with health events.  Every time an older loved one passes, we lose a library.

I walk in a sadness of promises not met,  yet we must walk on, setting our sights forward, pushing on into the fall with the knowledge that winter is just another season.

Perhaps the somberness is tied to the fact that we must march on in faith regardless of events.


 Regardless of sight.  We are still traveling on a road we have never traveled on before.

Yes, winter is not far away.   Just when I've adapted and perfected my nocturnal habits, poof, they are gone only to be replaced by adding another blanket, staying in bed a bit longer

The delicate art of  setting ones mind to the things that matter,

to the things we have learned in the past.


I personally cling to the fact that God will never leave me or forsake me.  I can hear myself saying this but when I solidify it in written words, I am comforted.

"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you" (Heb.13:5)

"Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you." (Jeremiah 1:8)

There will never be. a season change with God.


EVENT TO EVENT

Tri Cycle Patrol vehicles waiting for the event of the morning. The happiest place to be on a good Wednesday morning. Preparing for the next trial of events. You are either in one, preparing for one, or recovering from one.

Load your thoughts with the truth. rjs
No photo description available.
Judy Pieper, Sunny Stayman and 4 others
1 Share
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment