Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 8, 2018

WHAT MAKES ME TICK

So, what makes me tick?
What is really important?
What do I want my life to be about?
What kind of relationships do I want to build?

WHAT MAKES YOU TICK?
What excites me may not be what excites you.  That is a good thing otherwise the world would be a very boring place.
So what really makes me tick?  I have never actually stopped to consider what drives me the most until thinking about some of the conversations that go on between me and my mind.  You may be one of many people who know me or not as to what goes on in my over-active mind.
Writing allows me to leave the mother, grandmother, wife, sister,  and care giver behind and give voice to the woman I think I know.
I will perhaps greet you with a joyful smile, a friendly hello or a hug, but the feeling of releasing something I have come to know, a piece of my written form gives me an immeasurable amount of joy.  I love the challenge of seeing my words develop into meaningful existence.  It's always fun to see my words take shape in print from long hand scribbles to keyboard.  Writing is my outlet when words are stacked within.
It's then that a tired mind makes me happy that I have completed one more post and released one more tick.  To see my goals to publish were realized just by clicking the "publish" and sending each blog post to be read by others is energizing.
There is not one day goes that I don't feel grateful for a world full of words and color.  The concept of being totally present and absorbed in the current moment drives me to photography.
Not in the sense of being professional but driven toward the candid.  There are moments to capture, memories to make which I do not want imprisoned only in my mind.  The feeling of euphoria in reliving those moments of places God has taken me to brings me alive.  Life has taken me in many unexpected turns and unexpected places and I do not want to forget them.

My grandchildren bring instant joy and smiles.  They seem to know when I need a hug.  The status to grandmother has magnified my love and given me great amount of joy.

I like to listen to good music, most genres.  I am not talented in that aspect but that lack makes me want to listen all the more.

I love


opportunities to hang out with friends, just being friends.  It's those moments you appreciate the beauty of people, I call friends.  I find being around my peers who challenge me in all areas of life, but more so in pursuit of spiritual growth invigorating.  It's that deep down that inspires and pushes me on.
God has done a lot of clean-up to keep me on the right path in my journey with him.

Sometimes, I  have had to let go of parts of history, my browsing history, erasing cached images etc.  There has been a lot of old data and error messages of life that harden the ability to experience joy.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"  II Cor.5:17
 
 
So, what is really important?
What do you want your life to be about?
What sort of person do you want to be?
What sort of relationships do you want to build?
What excites you the most?

I don't know what makes you tick but as we move into an ever increasingly hostile environment and hostile culture it may be best to evaluate what makes you tick and recalculate your existence.


No comments:

Post a Comment