Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 16, 2018

JOY IS AN INSIDE JOB

SMILE
I am happy to see you here on Cultivating Joy.  In a cluttered blogger sphere, I often get curious as to why my readers keep coming to visit.
Does it resonate a realness that keeps you coming back?
Do the images and words make you smile?  Is there depth?  Has it captured any of your feelings?  Is there encouragement?  What keeps you popping into my blog?


WILDLY PURSUING JOY

  You see, words are one of my greatest assets and joyful people say inspiring things.
Joy is very interesting because we all bring a different equation to joy.
  It is no surprise that I am obsessed with joy.  I would love to be more joyful.  So I thought it would be interesting to find ways to become even more joyful. 
Just to get one thing straight, some days I'm just hanging on hard to the joy rope.  Joy does not give up during seasons of storms.
Pearls of Grace
  Those days can be wildly varied but non-the-less they are seasons.

I have come through challenges of those seasons, not because I have a joy-gene tucked away somewhere that imparts it or some kind of super power.  I joy thrive because of God's grace.
Bask in the beauty of nature

  "Don't be dejected or sad, for, the joy of the Lord is my strength." Nehemiah 8

Does getting older strengthen joy or suck it out?  In a way yes, as I seek out situations that will encourage.  Perhaps I have learned to let go of loss and disappointment so often that the joy option is so inviting. Romans 12:12 beckons me to "Be joyful in hope..." to "Rejoice with those who rejoice." 12:15

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." 15:13

Spend Time With God

Does God love me?
Does He forgive or accept me?
Am I living in the spiritual reality of what is revealed in Scripture?  If my answer is "YES" then I SMILE, it's a side effect of JOY.
  Don't let idiots rob your JOY!
  Note Theodore Roosevelt's quote:  "Comparison is the thief of Joy."

One cannot give a general definition of joy due to the fact that seeing it from God's perspective, it cannot be compared with happiness.
Joy does not lie just in the beholden but the Creator.  So how do I describe what Joy is and what does it mean to me?  Many of my blog posts have been descriptions of what joy has meant to me through my experiences.  I have found that my life adventures have been a huge element of my expressions of joy.
Expressions of joy
  Many entries involve some interaction of joy experiences as well as my status updates of family and friends interaction on social media.

Going out with sister,
lady friends brings me joy while just enjoying each others company.  My family plays an intricate part in this joy and I feel truly blessed for supporting friends.  
However, all this aside it's not realistic to think we will gain joy if we don't cultivate it.

"You have to sniff out joy.  Keep your nose to the joy trail." ~Buffy Sainte-Marie 
Life is one surprise after another.  I never know when the next surprise will come and being able to meet it with joy.  Some time ago, I began to live my days with deeper attentiveness to the world around me.  It has become more colorful.  The moments of joy each day are becoming more frequent.
Enjoying a donut interlude at Grandparents Day



The joy that my little people give is beyond my fullest extent of joy.  This grandma is quite passionate about the magic of grandchildren.  I am so amazed at their intensity of exuberance and joy.
Yes, we should all be living with the anticipation of a joyful day.

I can have such a delirious feeling caught in moments of joy.  I love the act of reliving my joys when I am inspired and joyful about something, then why not share it?
  There's always a sense of satisfaction at sharing experiences because anything can happen. 
Cherish those magical years.
My grandchildren have proved that.  After all to write about something and to cherish the magic of a child is well, they spend their day in much joy. 
A Joy Jolt
I get jolts of excitement reviewing some of my adventures.  I am determined to think joyfully.
Don't let fools take your JOY

  Phil.3:1, "Rejoice in the Lord."
I Thes. 5:16, "Be joyful always."

I am not a big fan of Norman Vincent Peale but recently found this quote: "Think joy, talk joy, practice joy, share joy, saturate your mind with joy, and you will have the time of your life today, and every day all your life."

I am a follower of Jesus so this is cause for great joy.  GOD HAS SAVED ME!  HE HAS FORGIVEN ME!  HE SUSTAINS ME!  His status updates never grow old as long as you keep in the Word.
Many joys are free to all, the rich, the poor, the great and low, young or old.  Joy opens the eyes and alters perspective.
 Want more joy? 
Cultivate Joy

 CULTIVATE IT!
  • Focus on each days events from God's perspective. 
  • Surround yourself with joyful people.  Social time is highly valuable when it comes to cultivating joy.
    A Joyceful friend
  • Spend time with friends who exhibit their love for God.
  • Approach life's challenges and trials redemptively.
  • Fill your mind with music that draws your heart nearer to God and his word.  (Is there such a thing as singers "high"?)
  • Commit to joy, plan for it.
  • Practice appreciating everything and everyone.
    Fellowship with my EWG ladies
  • Smile, laugh more.
  • Spend more time with joyful people 
  • Spend time with God, focus on him.
  • Get into the habit of showing gratitude.
  • Poke your nose in to smell the roses.
    Identifying as a goof schoof
  • Get a healthy dose of UV rays.  It will boost your joy.  Bask in that sunlight and breezes.  Joyfulness is maximized by being outside.
  • Spend time in nature or at least pay attention to it or surround yourself with the potted plant kind if you have a green thumb, the experience will also maximize your joy, even if it is just one. 
  • Exercise, it has a profound effect on joyfulness and our well being.
  • Sleep more.  Yea, Yea, how can I say that at my age and stage?  Well, work with yourself.  "Joy comes in the morning."  Yea, right!  Get the picture?  You got to work at it, you got to cultivate it.
 

John 15:9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full

 Beware!  Joy will sneak up on you as you view your circumstances and friends as gifts from God.
Friends in deed

May your lives be filled with all the joys of each season.



Cultivate JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment