Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 20, 2018

HELLO FROM UKRAINE

Monument to the founders of Kiev
So I woke up the other morning and fb told me that certain friends were having birthday's and that I should help them celebrate by posting to their timeline some birthday recognition. I did, by not cluttering up their timeline.
Next month, August is a heavy month on that account.

Well, anyway, this past Wednesday I spent some of my time improving myself, I had some diagnostic testing.
Upon inquiring of an unusually chatty, ultra sound technician as to her accent she told me she was from the Ukraine and spoke Russian.

It developed into a very interesting conversation about her homeland and how beautiful it was over there. 
I shared with her how my ancestors had immigrated from there in the late 1800's for religious purposes as they felt that some of their freedoms were beginning to be taken away during that time.
But what made this Wednesday colorful was that when I got home from that adventure, the snail mail had arrived and deposited a very special first class, heavy sort of envelope in our mail box.  It was addressed to me with my name in beautiful calligraphy style and very neat penmanship.
  It contained four photos, a post card and a page and a half letter describing her trip with the STM (short term missions) about her adventures to the Ukraine this summer.  It was a beautiful experience for her as well as a time of spiritual growth. 

I am that proud "Nursery Mother" as I had that timid, little fearful girl as a toddler who had a vocabulary that would send any toddler into the next level, in our church nursery years ago.  In the nursery I was known as Teacher Becky but now years latter, I'm Mrs. Schoof and I love it.  My nursery toddlers are now going on missions trips, being baptized and some are now bringing their toddlers to church.  Isn't life wonderful?





  • No comments:

    Post a Comment