Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 16, 2018

15. CAMPING OUT IN ROMANS


I continue to fill the pages of my life by keeping a record of my multiple readings in Romans.
  For someone like me who has kept a journal off and on it helps me process what is going on in my mind.  I find it very cognitively beneficial and useful camping out in Romans.


Yesterday, I was on the hunt for one favorite verse in that book.  I found it:   "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ".  Rom.5:1
I selected it because it describes my relationship with God.  A relationship marked with peace.  It provides the basis for enduring in the midst of trials and affliction. 
 Because of the "therefore" it includes previous verses.  The first result of being justified is peace with God.
In the search for a favorite verse, I read the book in slo-mo style highlighting and boxing in the word "Lord."  It took me 30 minutes longer to read the book.


I find that many times when a word is repeated many times, it is reasonable to conclude that it is important.
The book has 16 chapters and approximately 7,111 to 9,447 words and 433 verses.
I will be investigating the occurrences of the many key words as I noted their frequency in my many readings.(21)
Today I ventured into listening to the first two chapters by audio in Spanish.  That was quite an interesting experience.  I was surprised as to how much I understood because of the many times I read in English.  Even though Spanish was my first language, it later turned into my second language.  I will explore this option more but could only assimilate two chapters before my mind went on overload.  One of my favorite holidays in Mexico among the churches was "day of the Bible".
Out of reverence and respect for the reading of the Word, I love the tradition that we all stand as it is read at GCC.
What a precious and unperishable treasure we have in God's Word.
Author unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment