Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

MEMORIES, MESS-UPS, & FAILURES

My life journey continues: It contains my memories,my many experiences,my mess-ups, and my failures.
My better side

 Age tends to create a hightened awareness of change, both physically and spiritually. The places I go; the people I hang out with; different ways I see, think, and act!  However, "When it's all been said and done" what are the things I treasured the most?

As balanced as I want my life to be, sometimes I find myself off kilter.
   Life is."... rough and challenging and filled with tests and temptations. And this is what makes it beautiful, after all. Living a better life stems most of the time from making a lot of mistakes and learning from them, rather than from avoiding challenges. Better try and fail than isolate yourself in a sea of delusion and non-action." ~A Fellow Blogger

It is not beneficial to focus on what has happened to me whatever  negatives  that may be.  It is not beneficial to spend lots of time and energy thinking on things that are not there anymore such as relationships or health or youth..  It is not beneficial to focus on my past unless it will benefit someone with the lessons it has taught me.
My Wild Side

I find myself that by focusing on regrets of the past, I have the tendency of ignoring the present.  Regrets have a way of tying you down to things that don't matter anymore and you can't really do anything about them anyway.  So Becky accept and move on.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.  Ephesians 4:29


Isn't it ironic though that we often have that propensity to talk about the past.  Not that there is anything wrong with it but we can balance the past as "possibilities for the future" to make the memories, mess-ups, and failures different in the present and future.
 

The Look of Love side

 

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Phil.3:13-14

 

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Cor.5:17

 

Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.” Luke 9:62

 

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, Phil.3:13

 

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Gal.2:20

 

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I John 1:9

 
The Cultivating Joy Side

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; 2 Cor. 5:17





DID I LIVE MY LIFE FOR YOU You can hear Robin Mark sing it HERE. 
Words and music by Jim Cowan:

When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth
Did I live my life for You
When it's all been said and done
All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I've done for love's reward
Will stand the test of time

Lord Your mercy is so great
That You look beyond our weakness
And find purest gold in miry clay
Making sinners into saints

I will always sing Your praise
Here on earth and ever after
For You've shown me Heaven's my
True home

When it's all been said and done
You're my life when life is gone
Lord I'll live my life for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment