Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

CHOOSING LYRICS & CARE GIVERS

I am musing on the fact that I enjoy Mariachi music.
  Why?
Perhaps because it moves me, stirring up certain emotions of happiness, sadness, and a rebellious sort of mood.
It conjures up memories of my earlier years,  of being woken up with the sounds of  “Las Mananitas” in the early morning, a traditional song used to celebrate birthdays. 
My Lady
The lyrics frequently describe country life and people of a particular region.  They often celebrate moments in the lives of the Mexican people.
Unlike other music, they do not have a lead singer.  Each singer is assigned a different song based on their talents.
Music, unlike any other activity, lightens and brightens the burdens of care giving.  Each care giver is assigned a different care talent and brings into the care equivalent a different perspective.  The tendency to have to high of expectancies can be a hindrance in the selection.   That can be good or bad.
A good grasp of a language that I understand is very important.  I often ask to speak to some one who’s American English  I understand.  With poor hearing, struggling with comprehension, and loss of cognitive abilities this is high on my list.
On the occasions where language has been an issue, then writing detailed instructions and requiring log entries will help.
I choose my lyrics with care.  It may not sound like a Mariachi concert but my singers will come with all sorts of unforeseen talents and blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment