Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Reflections: God's involvement in the mundane

As my driver's license expiration date looms ahead, I am reminded of my last experience with the DMV.  As many who live in SoCal, dealing with the DMV can present undaunted difficulties and annoying situations, however, I was reminded that God IS interested in such mundane circumstances in our lives.  On this occasion, I received notice that they had no RECORD of an eye exam.  I was to come in and take one or present proof from my eye dr. of such fact and then renewal would be complete.    After standing in a long line at the DMV in Van Nuys to just get a number just to wait my turn to present my proof, proved to not be enough.  I was given the exam they give there.  Apparently that was not enough either.  I would have to take the driving test.  I have been driving in California most of my life. I have only had one ticket and that was for parking in front of a no-parking sign at the Library in Glendale, ironic ha, I did not SEE the sign.  I have been pulled over only once and that was because one headlight was not working and that in itself required quite a process at the court house.  The young officer had me so nervous that I am going through all my cards looking for the license and of course it was the last card.  Well now I am digressing.  I made that appointment to take the driving test and because I was irritated by the Van Nuy DMV, I made one for the one in Santa Clarita.  It was a hot summer day as we arrived in Santa Clarita. It was a hot day, long wait as I inched my way to the starting line.  A very large pleasant woman approached with clipboard in hand--light chk, Horn chk, brakes chk etc. etc.  She finally pauses to look up from clip board and states "Just because of these circumstances does not mean you have to take the driving test."..."Would you mind NOT taking the test?"  Would I mind?  With a loud inside me PTL shout, I calmly said "That will be OK."  On that note, some fancy finger work on the computer, I was told the renewal was complete.  Now how good was that for me to be blessed in such a way. I whispered to my husband, "Let's get out of here before they change their minds."  I was so grateful for this outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment