Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Lady, A Memory To Treasure

Oh, how My Lady loved Sundays!

She lived for Sundays!
She looked forward to Sundays!
  On Mondays, she would frequently ask if it was Sunday.  When told it was Monday, she would give a startled "What?" look and ask "Well, where did Sunday go?"
  I would reply, "It went like any other day."
  If she asked again, which she often did, many more times, I would reply with "This is the day the Lord has made."  Sometimes we would break out in that song.
  Sometimes I would sing that silly song, "It's Just Another Manic Monday" wish it were Sunday, that's my fun day.

    "For a day in your courts is better than a thousand outside.   I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of My God." Ps.84:10,26;8,27:4-6 
would often come to mind when I would answer the, "Is it Sunday?" question for the hundred time.
After some time it got very impractical to take her to church and sit with her.
She insisted to sit in the front row so she could hear, but later became a distraction as she kept searching for her offering envelope or a kleenex.  Her trips to church became infrequent as time went on and it got difficult to get her there.

No comments:

Post a Comment