Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 16, 2022

BEAR & RABBIT~filling my empty cup.

In the early morning hours
before the sun's quite up
I wrap myself in still and quiet
and fill my empty cup.
©Tara Shannon, 2020



“I want to be heard.” said Rabbit.
“Why doesn’t everyone hear me?”
“Because their heads are already full of judgements and ideas about you.” said Bear. “It’s not that they can’t hear you,
it’s that they don’t want to.”
“Should I try saying things in a different way?” asked Rabbit.
“No.” said Bear. “Say things as you always have. Those who matter hear you loud and clear, even when you say nothing at all.”
©Tara Shannon, 2021


"We often look at clouds, hoping that they'll soon pass," said Bear, "and they will... but before they do, watch them."
"Why?" asked Rabbit.
"Because like everything in nature, in life, they have a story to tell." said Bear. "Stories that are being forgotten."
"Like what?" asked Rabbit.
"The ever changing story of the earth and sky." said Bear. "They reveal their expressions and moods and predict the future."
"Magic..." said Rabbit.
"Yes." said Bear.
"...and when there are no clouds in the sky?" asked Rabbit.
"Look to the sun, moon and stars." said Bear.
"...and if one looks like a balloon?' asked Rabbit.
"Grab hold of its string," said Bear, "and let your imagination soar."
©Tara Shannon


"My life is so boring and ordinary." said Rabbit.
"How so?" asked Bear.
"It's the same thing every day."
"... You mean you wake up and see the sun rise, eat some clover, watch the birds and butterflies fly about, and fall asleep beneath the moon and stars?" asked Bear.
"Yes." said Rabbit.
"That sounds like no ordinary magic to me." said Bear.
©Tara Shannon


“What are you doing?” asked Bear.
“Practicing my smile.” said Rabbit.
“A smile can hide a lot of scars...” said Bear, “don’t hide them.”
“Why?” asked Rabbit.
“Our greatest strength comes from our scars,” said Bear, “they let others know it’s possible to heal.”
©Tara Shannon, 2021

“When I sleep,” said Rabbit, “I soar among the stars.”
“Are you following your dreams?” asked Bear.
No…” said Rabbit, “I’m chasing memories.”
©Tara Shannon, 2021

“Sometimes I think I’ll never fit in.” said Rabbit.
“Maybe you’re not meant to fit in.” said Bear. “Maybe you’re meant to stand out.”
©Tara Shannon, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment