Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Weird Times



Have you ever had that “tired feeling”? Seeing and hearing like not much is happening but on the other hand much is happening.  Moments of melancholy surround me.


  

It’s difficult watching my country being destroyed.  It’s difficult watching others lives drastically changed.  It’s difficult watching family dynamics change.  It’s difficult feeling trapped in 24/7.

Some days I feel like I’m hanging on to a thread.  

Sometimes, I feel like I will never see the end of things.  Well some things.  The last three weeks, I’ve felt that I am back in the care giving role.  Caring for one self and thinking for another is taxing.  I find myself trapped in moments of dissatisfaction, watching and waiting for change, some change in some things. 

I know we all have stuff going on but what happens when you  sense something is at the threshold

We live in weird times and have to question and research EVERYTHING.


What does one do?

I reassure myself, again and again, that no matter what time of day, or night, God is with me, God is near me.  “Lord bend me toward the light.”  

“God is a refuge for us.” Selah. Psalm 62:8. PAUSE!

God, I don’t even have words. My heart aches and this all feels like too much. I need to know you see my pain and tears, and I need to know that you care,” I prayed. 

At this point in my life, I find that “discerning”  has become paramount in my life.  I just keep praying for those who are really in control even though we know that God is the ultimate controller of our lives and that of our country.  The discernment comes in who one follows.  I find myself meditating on the fact that anything can morph into an idol.  Even the seemingly simple things in life can. 


Do we just throw everything out to the wind?  Or, do we get off our keister and do something?  I struggle when I see so many affected by current events.

 Martin Luther once said,

‘There are two days in my calendar: This day and that Day’ 


BY A THREAD OR A ROPE?

“Pour out your heart before Him;You’re never praying alone, because Jesus is praying with and for you. Above all else, it’s the priestly ministry of Jesus that upholds you. When Jesus warned Peter about Satan’s plan to destroy him, he said, “Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers”

First white bird of paradise I've seen.

(Luke 22:31–32). Peter fell, but the prayers and compassion of Jesus raised him to his feet again. When you approach God’s throne of grace, never envision yourself alone. We come roped together with the whole family of God, led by Jesus himself!” (~forgot where I grabbed this)


No comments:

Post a Comment