Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 7, 2021

AN A-“MAZE”-ING JOURNEY

It’s an incredible time to be alive!


The days are running into each other and each day appears we are on the verge of some transition or another.


It’s the seasons of life that impact us the most.

A TODDLER IN THE COURTYARD.

In the large impressive courtyard among the sheltering plants an unsuspecting toddler explored among the foliage unaware of hidden dangers and gems in a small remote village in the South Eastern Mexico.  

It was the beginning of my own memorable timetable.

It was the beginning of many breathtaking and unforgettable adventures.


In the shadow of the Catholic Church bell tower, the bells constantly rang at all times of the day, a constant reminder of the dark shadows surrounding us, the courtyard enveloped us, giving a sense of secureness.  On Sundays while holding worship service, the nuns would march around our compound to disrupt worship.




 




We are on God’s timeline.

"OUR YESTERDAY'S PREPARE US FOR TODAY."

7/17/21. The other day as I was reading the account of Peter visiting Cornelius’s house, I was struck by the fact of the similarities between some of the events in my life.  (Acts 10:23 -26) “…had called together his relatives and close friends.” “Found a large gathering of people”, when Peter entered the house.

  On occasion, I would accompany my father on one of his visits to a remote village.  As we approached the village, a "runner", a young boy usually would sound the alarm that we would be at such and such's house.  The women would scurry around to prepare a large meal for us "travelers".  

After the meal would follow an impromptu church service, often times late into the night, long after my tired self was found dozing on one of the hard wooden benches.  The hunger for God's Word was evident.

*******************************************************************

WE ARE ON GOD'S WATCH

 I often stop, turn to gaze on the path/sidewalk/boardwalk I had just followed and wondered at the view of the last few moments, and past 

 survival events on this journey called life.

Oh, yes, that walk has been sprinkled with the beauty of simple pleasures and simple strenuous, exhausting struggles that consumed that journey.

But eventually, stepping through each clearing, that often left me gasping and speechless, and wondering what in the heck is going on only to ponder later of the moments that God has, is, and carried me through many unspeakable, crushing moments of pain.

*****************************************************************

GOD'S TIMELINE

My father's vision was to bring the gospel to the remote parts of Mexico.  He was persuaded by the guiding principles of the apostle Paul and hence I was placed into this timeline.

What emerged from this continuum were difficult seasons, and times where I had never been before.

I lived on borrowed time, defining my times regarded as temporary and very transient.

It's the seasons in God's timeline that impact the most.  The need to mentally and physically prepare for this daunting journey is tremendous.  I often find myself appallingly unprepared.

*********************************************************************








No comments:

Post a Comment