Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 23, 2019

SANITY SAVERS

Welcome to Cultivating Joy!
Who ever you are and why you are here, I am glad you found this spot.
 Sensing several years ago that I needed to pursue JOY and live up to my given middle name, blogging through my life journey became an outlet to reminded me of the many seasons I have traveled through.
A large portion of my life has been care giving. 

Now don't get me wrong, although care giving can lead to many unique blessings. The insanity lies in the  repetition and definition of insanity in that case I would be certifiable each year.

Along the way, I as Dona Quixote, have traveled many miles with the Don. There comes a point when sanity saving measures must be put into place.

Type A caregivers will not agree and they can carry on at will, however, here are my suggestions for sanity savers:

>LOWER YOUR STANDARD

   Clean clothes-bathroom-dishes 
   are priorities.  Everything else is  a
   lick and a promise.

>LOWER EXPECTATIONS
   The ones that are unreal, the 
    demands that don't match your
    circumstances.

>INCREASE FLEXABILITY
   Plans change, Dr's appointments 
   get rescheduled-caregivers or 
   loved ones get sick-caregivers 
   don't show up (big time). 
   Crises arise.

>DECISION FATIGUE IS REAL
  Put decisions on auto pilot when 
  possible.  Extra decision making  for
  two is tiring, admit it.
  Make the best choice possible and 
  repeat it.  Figure out your daily 
  pattern and repeat it.  Set a 
 routine.


>RAISE YOUR SPIRITUAL STANDARDS
   Spending time with God in his 
  Word will alter your perspective.
The most unexpected part of caregiving is the people who are affected by your life, your story.
There is always something extraordinary about someone who chooses to join the journey.
While the world views loved ones as a liability, the right people, the ones God sends view it from a heavenly perspective.

I have relished being a part of many lives in the unique world of caregiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment