Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 8, 2018

A SUNDAY IN JULY

The fellowship quotient at church is one of it's distinguishing features.

I sat in an air conditioned room where the noise level was high.  Some were standing around talking, laughing, and joyfully carrying on.  I listened.  I listened carefully.  It told me a lot.  It was the sound of fellowship. 
I struggled with a strain of individualism as I preferred to stay glued to my seat.  I dated and titled my note sheet waiting for my Sunday in July to begin.  I sat eagerly awaiting for it to begin.
A planned "fellowship" time followed for the next ten minutes as we were encouraged to greet those around us, slightly annoyed, I reluctantly stood up and introduced myself to two young girls who were sitting behind me.  Now when it comes to conversations sometimes I wonder.
  The noise level was high hampering my hearing.  So I asked the girls if they were college students.  They both answered, yes.  The conversation continued and then one of the young girls asked if I was in school.  I was very amused as no one had asked me that for years.  I told them I was retired with a brief explanation.  I'm still walking away with that memory.

Back in our seats, we transitioned by singing "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" and then settled into being reminded of God's presence during life's storms.
"What we can see through a tear is better than seeing through a telescope."  Did not catch the author of that quote.


Trials reveal who we really are and how one views God.  We traveled rapidly through Psalm 46 and the take on this chapter is GOD IS PRESENT to give calm, comfort, and control of troubled hearts.  Nothing gets by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment