Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 13, 2018

13. CAMPING OUT IN ROMANS

“If we could see ourselves as God sees us, we couldn’t even stand ourselves!”
          –attributed to Mel Trotter 1870-1940


I tried to capture a photo of our little songster perched high in our neighbors orange tree but he eluded all attempts by continuing his chorus a top the telephone pole.  I think he had his eye on me as I did his.
I continue to be as inspired as this little creature to continue on.

My previous assumptions of Romans being a "difficult" book are slowly dissolving after each reading.  Stepping away from those presumptions by just reading the book have begun to erase some of those preconceived notions.

Since I have begun this extraordinary journey through Romans, I have become more aware of a tremendous sense of hope.  That is if I choose to follow.  A hope for the future.
Because of all that God has done for us, we reap those benefits.  By faith we get them.  By faith we take them.  By faith we embrace them.  By faith we treasure them.  By faith there's more.

I am not saying that comprehending the passages has been easy but it has required more mental make-up.  I have always been theologically challenged but take comfort that the Word is for everybody and anybody no matter the comprehension.

"But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?'"Rom.9:20
 
"For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,"  Rom. 10:12 

 Still trying to keep within the parameters of just reading the book with minimal outside commentaries. 

“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man." ~the Greek philosopher, Heracitus

 Stepping into Romans is not the same each time read and with each read through, there is a little a bit of something different noticed each time.

I have not yet reached the point to wanting to stop and savor each individual verse although I suspect that desire will come once I have grasped the whole book, however, periodically a verse catches my eye, I jot down the reference for later after I have done another read through.








No comments:

Post a Comment