Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

11. CAMPING OUT IN ROMANS

Today I felt my enthusiasm languishing. 
Returning to the same book is not always easy as I admit to the fact, I want to move on.
  Unfortunately, I felt a sense of failure at my resolve to continue and had to remind myself of the purpose for this adventure. 

Paul was so transparent about some of his faith struggles and simply describing the immensity of the problem with sin. The struggle is great.
Today as I began a 16 x's reading/listening since camping out in the book of Romans, I sensed a rebellious spirit within my soul.  A loss of focus after the first few chapters.
I had to mindfully return to my initial intentions, to better understand God as well as understand myself. 
 I found that through continual reading I have a stronger sense of belonging to God.  To purposely write about such things gives clarity to my own unfolding life story.
I pray that God would continue to give me the motivating desire to saturate my mind with its depths.

So I left myself with an invitation to return later in the day to the book of Romans.

No comments:

Post a Comment