Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 1, 2018

ONE FAB DAY YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT

We've come a long way in our life's journey since that December day in 1975.
For Jehovah is our refuge!  We choose the God above all gods to shelter us.This we declare, that he alone is our refuge, our place of safety;  he is our God, and we are trusting him.
Who knew those selections from the Psalms printed on our program years ago would carry us through these past 40 plus years.

For the Lord says, "Because they love me, I will rescue them; I will make them great because they trust in my name."
The godly shall flourish like palm trees, and grow tall as the cedars of Lebanon.  For they are transplanted into the Lord's own garden, and are under his personal care.  Even in old age they will still produce fruit and be vital and green.  This honors the Lord, and exhibits his faithful care...
Jehovah is KING!  He is robed in majesty and strength.  The world is his throne.  O, Lord, you have reigned from prehistoric times, from the everlasting past.  Your royal decrees cannot be changed.  Holiness is forever the keynote of your reign. ~~~~Selections from the Psalms

We chose,

Johann Sebastian Bach: Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring, as the wedding processional music:

Thou whose love shines down like a guiding light
Drawn to Thee with souls aspiring
Through our Father we reach a celestial height

Son of God we pray we may reach Thee
May we live in peace we beseech Thee

Open doors of truth unknown
As Thy love comes down from the heavenly throne
Teach us from Thy heavenly throne

Open doors of truth unknown
As Thy love comes down from the heavenly throne

As the processional music died down strands of "The New Twenty-Third Psalm" by Ralph Carmichael  echoed through out the sanctuary.  The lyrics still resounding in the depths of my soul. Because the Lord is my Shepherd

Because the Lord is my shepherd,
 I have everything that I need.
 He lets me rest in meadows green and leads me beside the quiet stream;
 He keeps on giving life to me
 and helps me to do what honors him the most.
 Even when walking thru the dark valley of death, valley of death,
 I will never be afraid,
 for He is close to beside me,
 guarding, guiding all the way,
 He spreads a feast before me in the presence of my enemies He welcomes me as his special guest
 with blessings overflowing,
 his goodness and unfailing kindness
 shall be with me all of my life,
 and afterwards I will live with him,
 for my life, I will live with Him, forever in his home, forever in his home.
Ad just ments A head

My sister-in-law sang, "Charity", a song popular in the 1970's with words from the love chapter in
 I Corinthians 13. Charity~click here 

 
Words and music by Ken Gulliksen

 Although I speak with tongues Of men and of angels
And though I prophesy And understand all
Although I have all faith So mountains may be removed
And though I feed the poor
 And give up my life
[Chorus] If I have not Charity
 If Love does not flow from me
 I am nothing Jesus reduce me to Love
 Jesus reduce me to Love
 Love is patient and kind
 Love is not envious Not proud,
 but gentle and meek
 Seeks not it's own way
 Love sings when Jesus prevails
 Believes and endures all things
 Love hopes and bears every wrong
 And Love never fails
 One season I was a child
 I spoke and I thought as a child
 But when I turned into a man
 Such ways put aside
 Though now we see through a glass
 But then we shall see face to face
 Though now abide faith and hope The greatest is Love
~~  ~ Maranatha! Music 1972

Following the ceremony and before the dedicatory prayer, kneeling at the altar, so beautifully sung, we heard "To Be What You Want Me To Be" music lyrics by Don Wyrtzen :

To be what You want me to be
Dear Lord I'll live for eternity
To be more like Your Son
Dear Lord I've only just begun
To be what You want me to be
Dear Lord I'll live for eternity
To be more like Your Son
Dear Lord until the race is won

We left the sanctuary as a married couple to the tune of "God Of Our Father's" ringing in our ears.God Of Our Fathers like it sounded in 1975 Click here


God of Our Fathers

By: Daniel C. Roberts

Still Hitched
God of our fathers, whose almighty hand
Leads forth in beauty all the starry band
Of shining worlds in splendor through the skies:
Our grateful songs before your throne arise.
Your love divine has led us in the past;
In this free land by you our lot is cast;
Oh, be our ruler, guardian, guide, and stay;
Your Word our law, your paths our chosen way.
From war’s alarms, from deadly pestilence
Make your strong arm our ever sure defense.
Your true religion in our hearts increase;
Your bounteous goodness nourish us in peace.
Refresh your people on their toilsome way;
Lead us from night to never ending day;
Fill all our lives with heaven born love and grace
Until at last we meet before your face.


 "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
~Philippians 1:6 
HONEYMOON CAPERS click here 

No comments:

Post a Comment