Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 28, 2018

6. CAMPING OUT IN ROMANS

One of the first things I did this morning was look into
the mirror.  I was looking into an image that appeared to have just escaped from an explosion in a mattress factory or stuck a finger into an electrical socket.
Mirror: “You look cute today.” Camera: “LOL, no.”

That look reminded me of a quote I saw on my timeline earlier this morning:  "The Bible more accurately reflects the state of my heart than the mirror in my bathroom reflects the state of my body."
  Another writer shared that , "it is a commentary on the state of my own heart and the many life circumstances that I bring to the throne of grace."


Jeremiah 31:33, "I will be their God." 
"If this does not make your eyes sparkle and your heart beat high with bliss, then your soul is definitely not in a healthy state," said so eloquently by Charles Spurgeon.

 Each reading of the book of Romans, I am further captivated by God's love for me.
I was recently challenged to begin scanning each twenty four hours in hopes of reviewing God's presence and work in my life and others.
Central to my experiences is getting to know God.  It is one thing to know about God and it is another to experience his presence.
  It is one thing to write an autobiography about ones self but another to examine it through the eyes of my spiritual pilgrimage.

It takes effort and discipline to notice what God is doing each day in my life.
I have chosen CAMPING OUT IN ROMANS as a springboard to this as I became very curious as to what the Lord would do if I read or listened to the book of Romans once each day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment