Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 12, 2018

LIFE CHARGES ON

To Infinity & Beyond
Life charges on, to infinity and beyond,  with no regards to status.
It has no respect for time, season or circumstances.
Here I am, a more seasoned woman.
“I am not done with my changes yet.” in the words of poet Stanley Kunitz’s on old age. 

"I have walked through many lives,
some of them my own,
and I am not who I was,
though some principle of being
abides, from which I struggle
not to stray.
When I look behind,
as I am compelled to look
before I can gather strength
to proceed on my journey,
I see the milestones dwindling
toward the horizon
and the slow fires trailing
from the abandoned camp-sites,…"


I was impressed with the fact that he continued to write poems of startling richness at an advanced age.


Increasing shadows
My wildly galloping thoughts compel me to look back on one of those last milestones that would prove to be a last.

We went out on my front porch to take in the pre twilight-cooled, dry, juniper-scented air.

We were treated to this extraordinary view, extraordinary because neither of us knew it would be a last. 
 
Reflecting deep in thought
The sun was just about to go down over the horizon which cast an unusual sunny glow on our faces.
It was a time to simply take in the moment and feel its grandeur and not let thoughts get in the way.  I could not help but notice an extraordinary shift as we watched the shadows increase and the airplanes approaching the runway overhead.
A Far Away Expression


juniper-scented air

His eyes had a distant far away look, like a sailor staring out to sea.  His face wore a glazed, far away expression as if his soul seemed in a longing to touch the dim distance, perhaps dreaming of Heaven, a dreamy expression remote from the present.
Skies over North Hollywood, Mon. Nov.20,2017

His face looked weary and somber as he turned to enter back into the house with halting, faltering steps that would take him back into the house one last time.
  FINAL JOURNEY click here


PRECIOUS MEMORIESVIDEO Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment