Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 13, 2015

WHY? ANOTHER PEP-TALK TO MYSELF: Feb. 1972

WHY?  It appeared after delving further into my journal that I must of needed to remind myself  often of the glimmers of hope.  It has been an interesting journey and what an impact it has been after pouring over the entries some 40 yrs. later, bringing tears to my eyes at times to see THAT girl struggle so, laying the foundation for further adventures in life.
Entry, Mon.Feb.22, 1972
Why is God causing me to go through all that he is putting me through?
It seems sometimes I just can't bear one more step!  Yet he continues to uphold me.
My body just throbs with pain and it seems that almost every day I do not feel well, "but
He knoweth the way that I take, and when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."
What can I do?  But just commit myself unto the hands of a "merciful and all wise" God, knowing that "all things work together for good to them that love God" and "that He who sees the end from the beginning" is working out for me a "far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory that fadeth not away."  II Cor.4:17
It seems with each trial he increases it a little more and I say "I can't take it anymore" but I know that he won't permit anything above what I can not bear. (Ps.46:10)    And when the purpose for the trial is accomplished then God will take it away. (Ps.34:18)
  (Me in 2015:  or replace it with another one as my life unto this point has been full of them but had it not been for this foundation, I probably would be at another place in the journey.)



What is all this doing to me?, besides losing pounds?
Am I learning anything?
If so what?
So far I have learned this:
-The actual value of faith
-The worth and glory of patiently waiting on God.
-The beauty of sacrifice.
-Knowing God in a more real way and appreciating Him now more than ever.
-Given me a new insight into life.
-It has broadened my outlook on life.
-It has strengthened me Spiritually.
-It has given me some time to think and meditate on His Word.
WHY?  WHY is He teaching me all this?
Perhaps to making me more fit for service he has for me in the future.
Here are some other way, Becky.  God is working in my life:
-He is showing me my weaknesses- self-pity, lack of enough interest in others.
-He has been developing my character.
-He is slowly weeding out unwanted areas in my life like worry and reliance on other people and material things.
-He is showing me what real Bible Study IS.
-He wants my body as a living sacrifice and I shout treat it with care and not subject it to what I know God would not want.
-Reliance on Him for teeny, tiny things, during the day.
-The importance of prayer. 

Ephesians 6:18 (NIV)

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
 Entry for Feb.23,1972
As I read this entry, here, now in 2015, I continue to amaze myself as to what struck my interest for encouragement during that dark year and how my roller coaster emotional status changed so often, preparing me for future status's.
More often than not, I was usually struck by something I had read, as I was, and am an avid reader. 
This day, I had been reading something about "The Shortest, Surest Way To All Happiness."
"Make it a rule to thank and praise God for everything that happens to you, for it is certain that whatever seeming calamity which comes to you, if you thank and praise God for it you turn it into a blessing.
Could you therefore, work miracles you could not do more for yourself than by this thankful spirit;  for it needs not a word spoken, and turns all it touches into happiness."  Author unknown to me. 
HE MAKES NO MISTAKES  CLICK HERE

MY TWENTY-TWO-YR.-OLD SELF
LETTER TO MY TWENTY-  TWO-YEAR-OLD SELF  CLICK HERE

JUST HANGING BY A THREAD  CLICK HERE

GALAVANTING THOUGHTS CLICK HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment