Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 19, 2015

JANUARY IN JUNE: NEW BEGINNINGS~1972

...And suddenly you know...it's time for something new and trust the God of new beginnings, new ideas, new energy, exciting and new surprises, a new start, a new focus, new intentions, and new results and growth.
Nothing sparks growth as surviving tough times. 

I had been hurt, I was tired, I felt battered, I longed for some kind of respite from all the physical and emotional exercises of the past year.
With graduation behind me, I looked forward to spending some time to re-connect with my family.
  I left Portland with all physical memories of the past and a clean break to spend two months of respite in Dallas with my family.
 The hopeful twinges of love still remained although getting randomly and farther apart and thoughts came and went but did not linger.
Our family moved into a huge, five bedroom, two bath, two story, victorian-like house next to the C &MA Church in a somewhat then small town-like atmosphere where everyone either knew or where related to us including the postman who delivered our mail.
  The only furniture in the house were the beds and dining room set with kitchen ware borrowed from the church kitchen and no telephone.  An empty picnic chest was my night stand. Later some living room furniture arrived. I continued to live out of my suitcase.
Dallas Ore. City Hall

We heard the bell in the city square toll out each hour through out the day and woke up to the minister playing hymns on the piano in the church next door.  We heard the alarm sounds of the fire department a block away.
THE BOYS-Late 1971


It proved to be a busy yet rewarding two months. 
I accompanied my 3 yr.-old brother to his SS class on Sundays, taught DVBS to four and five year olds, did babysitting, and went strawberry picking in the fields to earn a little extra money.  (The older boys 11 and 13 accompanied my father and I to pick) 
My sister joined us later after graduating from High School in Sun Valley.
MY SISTER

I also took advantage of this time to get my learners permit and learned to drive.  (A Chevy Nova that my sister had just acquired).
My parents celebrated their silver wedding anniversary and I was delegated to make a cake, my first and last attempt at one of this proportion.
Becky Baked & Decorated



25 years


 Candles for pillars, candy dots & flowers
and an open house at the church next door to celebrate. 

 MR. CRATE: STRAWBERRY PICKING CHILDREN'S STORY  CLICK HEREhttp://cultivatingjoy-cultivatingjoy.blogspot.com/2015/12/mr-crate-whimsical-childrens-story-i.html#.Vpv6QVJDaY4

No comments:

Post a Comment