Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

6 Warnings From an Outsider

About Mennonites: 6 Warnings From an Outsider. | LateToEveryParty

I thought this was a very amusing blog post and being that my fathers side of the family comes from good Mennonite stock, I could relate to some of this.  I could not resist sharing it.  Most of our family settled in Kansas, although my grandmother was born in one of the Dakotas.



"Everyone sings and plays some
kind of instrument. They are infinitely better than you and all of your
non-Mennonite friends. I’m convinced it’s something to do with their
mutated genetics. Mutations resulting from surviving in subzero
temperatures on borscht for centuries. They sing at the family
gatherings, they sing their prayers, they sing for everything. Face the
music – you are marrying the Sasquatch version of the Von Trapps. If you
don’t sing or play anything, it’s time to learn something. FAST.


* Tip: If you’re not musically gifted and my theory is sound, eat borscht and pray for talent.


Take a deep breath and realize your family is equally as crazy. There
are just a lot less of them. Congrats! You are so blessed to be
marrying into a huge, loving, musical, close, beautiful and crazy
sasquatch-family!"

No comments:

Post a Comment