Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 18, 2015

CARE GIVER JOURNEY: Oo-De-Lally Day

CARE GIVER JOURNEY:
Oo-De-Lally, what a day!!

As I was listening to this song from the Disney movie, Robin Hood, and watching these two “merry men” I got to contemplating as to what exactly was meant by “merry men” and found it to be a term for any follower or companion of an outlaw.
Not in the terms of outlaws, these two defy anything that smacks of normal, what ever that is.  As one perhaps ends his journey another one may be beginning.
One I have known intimately for 40 yrs. and the other for three yrs. of care giving, and about 30 yrs. of acquaintance as he guided my “merry” man in re-wiring the electrical at our house years ago.
These two “merry men” kept me moving
Care giving is a very rewarding but stressful life.

A piece of advice:  “Don’t fall into LONE-SOLDIER” mode.  Gather up your “merry men”, saddle up and call on the posse.  Accept help.





No comments:

Post a Comment