Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Colorful Heritage-Photo description

"There were two walnut dryers with a ramp connecting the two. On the first floor were the wood burning furnaces. The second floor was only screen where the newly picked walnuts were placed to dry. It would take several days for the walunts to dry as the heat went thru the screen. Then the walnuts were sacked and sold at Grandpa's stand. The cordwood you see piled in rows was from trees cut during the winter, ready for the harvest in Oct. It was rainy and cold by the time of harvest.As you see, the pavement between Salem and Dallas was just about finished. The man standing there is Loren D. Ediger's Grandfather. He had a 10 acre walnut orchard."

The above description explained by my Dad yesterday.  I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered this photo that I had never seen before.  I took it home with me to have it scanned and the rest is history on my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment