Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Caregiver Time Management Skills & Tips - AgingCare.com

Caregiver Time Management Skills & Tips - Don't let the title scare, you, folks. I'm not presenting a "system" here. Personally, I've never seen a chart or graph designed to help me organize my life that I didn't intentionally ignore. "Systems" designed by experts never seems to consider my life or personality. They seemed like cardboard cutouts, made for some dream life. Textbook examples often don't take real life into account. My response to most "systems" would be a quiet, internal, "You are not me."
That being said, tips and thoughts from people whose lives have closely mirrored mine, in at least some aspects, have been generally welcome. I like stories. I like knowing how people make their lives work. If ideas are presented to me that way, I feel the flexibility of personalities and lifestyles blending, and that makes suggestions sound less like demands that I "shape up" and act like other people. I can then assimilate the story, take what works for me and ignore the rest—guilt free.
So, please take my suggestions in that manner. I've discussed some ideas with other caregivers, including those who care for elders and one man who cares for a child with disabilities. Our time management techniques aren't that different. When we care for vulnerable people, we are all much alike.
Expect the Unexpected

No comments:

Post a Comment