Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 20, 2024

BECKYs DAY OUT

Every once in awhile, we take ourselves out to look around and notice. To others, we perhaps act a little peculiar as we enter with fantasies of the past, present, and future.

Perhaps it originated with Alice in Wonderland or the wardrobe portal to Narnia that I get sucked into an amazing array of a surprising world of itself at the mall, the world of things that don't matter any more.

Being the person that I am, I take time to appreciate my surroundings and take it all in.
Summer has definitely come to a close and the change is noticeable.  
So we did a walk-around to escape the chilling, whipping wind outside and ducked into one of the local malls.
It had been several years of entering and like Rip Van Winkle I woke up to some of the peculiarities and subtle changes.
We noticed a few familiar things and others to stop and Hmmm...about, strange and previously unknown.  We spied unexpected little tidbits of present mall and a quick chance to explore the trappings beyond the portal we had just entered.
It all began with the anticipation at the sight of the escalator.  The decision, 'Do we go up or down?'  My mind races as I envision what sights I may encounter.  What kind of things was I to stumble upon?
Emotions were on over load as my other half trailed behind me, a good sport to entering into my world of capturing memories, today.  I was on a mission to take in as many sights as possible as well as to log in as many steps as possible.
  None of the fountains were on to give a sense of calmness.
Our wondering eyes spied Annies (It had weathered the times) and we both knew we just had to have some of those cinnamon sugar pretzel nuggets.

 The price for those delectable sweets shook us to the core, the giddiness was tempered down, the guilt for having spent so much took some of the fun out of it.  My other half slowly counted out eight dollars for that one cup of nuggets.

However, we pressed on to discover other things.  The magical realm of the mall began to take place.  The ice cream shop offered free samples.
JC Penneys beckoned.  An incredible sight of Christmas lined shelf after shelf as if there would be no tomorrow.
I inadvertently ran into Daniella, the cut out.  As I walked past her, she started talking.
The modern version of the photo booth amused me.  With all the cell phones around to take selfies and photoshopping I thought it a little redundant.
Another thing that caught my attention on several counters and doors were a new version of "Closed for lunch or closed, be back in 20 min."
They said, "Closed for Prayer...".  So that got me to thinking, what kind of prayers were being said and for what, our nation?, for those who have lost loved ones in recent times?
On the way out, I happened to notice Tablet strollers, yes Tablet strollers.  Upon closer looking, to keep toddlers busy while shopping.  Each stroller has a tablet.  I did no investigation to determine the rental cost of these. 
Such was my adventure at the mall.



No comments:

Post a Comment