Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 21, 2019

MY QUIXOTIC QUEST

My blog posts have not been getting the many views I had hoped for but lest I become despondent, I later realized that the person who benefits the most from my words, is me.
Some days it means taking up the challenge of my own words.  It gives me a chance to deep dive into areas I am passionate about, usually about my scriptural exploits, adventurous experiences, family, care giving, daily incidents, or the anomalies of my marriage.
So, I am assuming, I should really not be concerned about the size of my viewing audience as my posts often reveal my insufficiencies and spot light the status of my heart, often magnifying the seriousness of it as well as disclosing its idols.
I love well-crafted sentences, poems, and quotes that stop me in my tracks as I encounter them in my reading.
Journaling/blogging has been an amazing journey for me. 
No matter how many encounters with Scripture, I am still struck by something I've read and wonder why I had not seen that before.  I suppose it could be that we have the tendency to think we have got it when a familiar passage appears, then someone like our pastor milks it for all its worth.  It really is amazing!
 When fate sets the agenda, it is a surprising thought that God has actually been involved in every detail in these past 43 years.  He connected me to godly mentors and opportunities to test his faithfulness in my life all these years.

God is full of surprises.
It takes a disciplined mind and life to keep on God's path when it appears to be going against us.  When that something comes along to test us and to shake us, who are we to question a sovereign God with a sovereign plan.
We tend to want to view God and his process through our colored glasses.
We want to pick and choose.
Time is the thing that challenges me during marriage.  You start out with this one person you think you know as one person and then as time evolves you become a different, new person, and then 10, 15, or more years later have to sync up with that "new person".  Get what I mean? 
You can't program your life, marriage to operate on auto pilot.  It takes a disciplined mind and life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment