Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

1.PHOTOS NEVER FORGET:

 In an effort to remember details, I have journaled and blogged about many things.  I got my first box camera as an 8th grade graduation gift.
The habit of journaling moments in an attempt to preserve memories began long ago.  The advent of the computer and the ease of blogging added to the enjoyment of capturing those moments.
I want to remember the moments, the emotion, the discovery of long ago.


 Mom Ediger,(Helen Dick Ediger), Cousin Kat Dick. Moved from Canada to Walla Walla, WA where they became Adventists. They visited Pop and Mom and our other cousins in Dallas.
Dad's grandparents, Heinrich Warkentin was born April 24, 1824 in Tiegerweide, South Russia.
Married in Peters Church, McPherson County, Kansas. Died May 22, 1910 in Inman, Kansas. Buried So. Inman Cemetary Block 2, Lot #5 E. half.
His first wife Katharina Petker died.
They had 17 children of which 7 died early. Multiple births and childhood diseases were a contributing factor.
There were several sets of twins.
This picture and the other one were taken in a studio some where in Kansas.

"Trips...to Los Angeles, California from Dallas, Oregon to attend Bible Institute of Los Angeles (BIOLA). This trip (One of them) was made with John & Suzie Frey in one of the first Model T.Fords. The trip took a week with one accident."

Uncle Jamie(L) & Dad (r)Little boys wore knickers with matching suit coat.
Uncle Jamie & Dad (r) & boys wore tights

Mother & Dad  1947

Camping, Betty & Doris



Dad with sisters, Janet (L), Barb (r) 1947
My mother and family camp out


Betty & Doris
Doris (L)  Betty (r)

My great grandmother, Emily Elizabeth Chick Wedgwood
My mother with her family

Betty (L) & Doris (r)



My mother Betty (L) & Doris sister

My mother, Betty

My mother with her father, Edwin Wedgwood
My mother, Betty. Sister in swing
My mother with her parents


Aunt Janet, Aunt Barb, Aunt Bev (in middle) 1930's ?





No comments:

Post a Comment