Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 29, 2018

How to maximize your influence.

How do I want to be remembered?

"One day they may walk in your shoes."



Will my legacy be worthy enough that those who come behind me will be encouraged to walk in some of my shoes?
A reminder of death should motivate us to consider our legacy and to pursue ways to benefit those to come in time.
 If you are a part of something that will live on after you are gone, it is well to be part of activities that will make a difference.
 Let us take heed and remember. ~Ephesians 5:15-17" Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise,  making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.  Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.



How can one maximize influence and  time?  Our legacy is something meaningful that will out live us.  We get so focused on what we are doing now and don't always think about how our now is influencing and impacting those coming in time.
 Many of my friends are past mid-century age, and my daughters and sons--in-law will soon reach 40 years old or so younger.
Celebrating friendship
When you get my age you start thinking more seriously about such things and to think how selfishly I have acted at times and failed.

What can we do to make our influence and time more profitable?

Make sure they are pointed in the right direction. (Amy)

 Let your family and friends know where you stand.  After all we are required to be faithful and demonstrate godly character if we claim that we are one of God's children.
 A certain amount of transparency and vulnerability is required.

I Corinthians 4:2  
"Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful."
Leave your children with wisdom and love of God's Word, it will help them benefit and treasure them. Teach them about Jesus and instruct them in the Word of God.


Then we need to reflect Christ in all we do.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters"  Col.3:23

The legacy concept has been on my mind as I think of my six grand children.  My desire is that I will be remembered in a way that they will want to walk in some of my shoes. 
Celebrating first grandchild moments
I hope that I have left a legacy of a daughter, mother, and grandmother, and friend that is worth something.
 
"We all have much to gain by walking in others shoes."(Hannah)

What has been important in my life, and journey has been logged into on this blog.  I have shared the ways I grew, events that transformed my life, changes in seasons which I hope have inspired and touched lives.  It has been my desire to touch lives and exemplify a truthful and purposeful life so my legacy will live on.

Cultivating joy has always been my life motto and through my blogs I have attempted to convey the blessings of joy upon my life.
It's never to early to get a card from Grandma.
Shifting into the older age with…
slivers of influence

I have shared my passions, interests, and ideas that have made a difference in my life.
"I leave no grand legacy but having lived mostly an ordinary life, it’s not about the size of my impact."  ~Anon

  The greatest legacy or inheritance one can leave is that of faith.

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment