Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 3, 2016

SHE WORE PEARLS


I recently received a letter package from one of my favorite uncles.  As I was struggling with opening the taped envelope, I was anxiously anticipating the reveal of its contents. 
I was very excited when I found amongst the contents, a copy, in my grandmother MOM's own handwriting, just a photo copy from 1971, but a legacy far beyond anything she could have imagined, lived in the early 1900s in  Canada and pre WW II  America. 

Penned on a scratch pad she begins, "I was a lonely girl, always a feeling of extreme emptiness"
She continues with a brief description of her family background.  "The background of my parents and grandparents came from Holland to Russia to Germany, and to the U.S in their young of life, they met in North Dakota, took me to Sask. (Canada) at the age of 3.  I had 5 brothers and one sister.  My sister being 8 years older than me.
The earliest photo we have of Mom and her mother

I was a Tom Boy, riding horses and climbing trees.  My mother died when I was 7.  She died of child birth.  My Dad was a very loving father to us, he tried to keep the family together.  My older brothers and my only sister got married.  Dad remarried, our home was no longer a happy home.  I went to live with my sister when I was 11 years old to go to school.
My sister and husband were very poor at the time.  I went to work house work and baby sitting.  I always had a job."

Then she goes on describing her spiritual life.

Grandmother Mom

The bible, I always read it and also I would pray about everything but yet I knew I needed something else, it was not satisfying my emptiness.  seems I was pushed from one place to another.  People that I worked for were poor so I worked at many different places.
When I was 13, I accepted the Lord as my Savior and was baptised and belonged to church that gave me very little spiritual help.  When I was 17, I came to Oregon with my oldst  brother.  I got a job in the Dallas Hospital, realy was not my line of work.  I knew then Jesus realy loved me but still I had not completly given him control of my life.
  It was not until 1920 when I met my husband that I was growing in my spiritual life.  I got in to a wonderful Christian family.  Now I had a nice family.  My husband and I have 9 children and they are the very best that parents can wish for." 














 GRANDMOTHER MOM click here for more

"The special kind of love you get from a grandparent is a love you can't get anywhere else. It is an important kind of love – in fact, a very important kind of love." ~anon
Three Years with Mom~early teens
I had the grand privilege of living with my grandparents for three years during my teen years. 
SHE WORE PEARLS
In reading her life notes above, I can understand now why she was so tender and compassionate toward me as she understood the things I was going through.



Wonder Woman of Scripture Prov.31



No comments:

Post a Comment