Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

HIGH HOPES & EXPECTATIONS

One Tuesday (in 2011) started out with "high hopes" and "expectations".  It appeared our trip up to Davis on a scouting expedition would be a fairly routine drive as we headed up I-5. 

 About three fourths of the way, with Sarah driving slightly above speed limit, a large piece of luggage flew off an SUV that had just passed us.
  It bounced up & down & around like Silly Putty.  There was no way of knowing which way it would bounce next.  We slowed down to avoid it but with a big thump it hit our car on the drivers side fender. 

 After it hit our car, it burst open sending its contents all over the freeway behind us.  We pulled over just to asses possible damages and in so doing drove over the "wake-up" groves on the shoulder which were further traumatizing because of the sound they make, like one has a flat tire.  After gaining composure, we continued on our journey, arriving in Davis to a rain storm.
The Grape Vine, North Bound Toward The Valley below
                                                                        
"Somewhere along the way I learned to ride as a passenger."   I always have to keep this in mind that I am not in control.  Sometimes pieces of life come flying too. There are times that I have no control over the circumstances I find myself in.  It is at these times one must trust in the God of all control and protection. 

“Because he loves Me, I will rescue him; because he knows My Name, I will protect him. He will call upon Me, and I will answer him. I will be with him when he is in trouble. I will rescue him and bring him honor. I will satisfy him with long life and show him My salvation.” Psalm 91:1-16
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment