Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 13, 2015

How Long Till I Can Die? A 5-Year Journey in Hospice Caregiving | TGC | The Gospel Coalition

How Long Till I Can Die? A 5-Year Journey in Hospice Caregiving | TGC | The Gospel Coalition

"We learned that hospice care giving is a ministry of incarnational
presence to others at a time when they desperately need it. This journey
revealed a “theology of care” in showing us God’s care in the gospel,
and, likewise, our often broken responses to his offers of care for us."

This is one of the most decent articles I have ever read on the subject.  As a current care giver to my friend's loved one, I found it very descriptive.

It is a journey, one that we would not really plan to take, but it is what it is.

Often times, I am literally exhausted with all the cares of taking care of not only my loved ones but those of others, however, in the end I find it very rewarding.

I feel like I have been a part of this process.

 Upon learning that a former co-worker and friend had passed away early this morning,  although, I was not her care giver, I was part of the process as many prayers and scripture verses sent to her iPhone intensified the process.

A close friend kept us informed  almost daily on the hardships, emotions, the ups, the downs that evolved through updated e-mails.

On hearing of her home going this morning, it was a somewhat sense of relief one feels at a birth and shifting one's priorities of prayer onto all other decisions a family must make.  These are not easy decisions.  I know first hand of these things.


No comments:

Post a Comment