Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Life's Best Blessings

Checking out the mighty oaks in Friendly Valley on one of our adventures.
Collecting a moss sample
My life's best blessings have often emerged during  my care giving ministry.  I have recently been challenged to view some of these blessings through the eyes of gratitude.  As a recipient of some of those blessings, I have tremendous praise for being included in the Prices personal life journey.                     What makes this ministry so adventurous is that even in the discouraging moments if offers unexpected flashes of joy.  Attempts to avoid difficulties or mishaps may strike as intruders with the need to allow God to use a situation to make us more like Him.                       It was recently someone relayed the fact that AD is like a cat with nine lives.  "Each life being different from the last, but each offering much love and comfort."  So with this perspective in mind, it is a reminder that all of our lives are consistently changing in one way or another.  Each change is a challenge to "being on the lookout" for the blessings of the moment.                     As a CAREGIVER, I am creating memories for myself as well as others in my life.   Someone said, "The opportunity to create joy dwindles so be content with the time you spend with those you are caring for."             THE UNEXPECTED GIFTS:  Delight in ordinary things & events, accepting life as it unfolds, living in the moment, valuing little steps, letting go of expectations, focusing on the simple, the surprise of the unexpected, anticipation of outcome.        One of the greatest assets to be grateful for is the ability to look through a child's eyes...and embrace the child that they are.    TO GOD BE THE GLORY, Great things He has done.

4 comments:

  1. The fact that Gary stopped to scoop up the little section of moss, while on the walk, was so typical of him. He often brought home little samples of moss, when out and about, and set up a small "misting" sprinkler in our yard to keep his moss collection healthy. I planted the sample from yesterday in a planter today. Makes me smile to know he is still "in there".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...It says that my comment has been removed by the author so I will repeat my self. I was amused at your comment as Karl asked if I had cleaned out the pvc pipe into which Gary had placed it in. So I guess you found your unexpected gift in the Thing bag. I did not think that the pipe still had the moss sample in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After your comment, Laurie, I knew I just had to add the pic at the wall where he collected that sample. He left one crack filled with moss for another time. It never ceases to amaze me as to the unexpected blessings of just one little what we may see as insignificant activity to others.

    ReplyDelete