Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 29, 2018

MY NAUGHTY SELF

I slowly pulled my 5'3" petite frame out of bed this morning after a night of journeying between exotic dreams and skipping to my loo multiple times for lack of a better term to fit the occasion.

Frightened by the image that faced me in the mirror, I pressed on to prepare for the day disappointed that I had slept in so late when I had multiple things to get done today before the heat of day would encourage procrastination. 
I did not have to wait for daylight this morning to take in my self imposed regular 20 minute morning walking paces in my back yard but I was arguing with myself and talking back that maybe, I could just skip this day.  Thinking better of it, I pulled myself together, gritted my teeth, and knew if I skipped today, how much easier it would be to just keep skipping.

Everything appeared to irritate me and I was losing my joy like air out of a balloon.  I wanted to crawl back into bed and throw the blankets over my head.  Problem was, I had already taken off the covers and sheets to be laundered.  The washing machine worked perfectly, for the first load.  The dryer was working.
I snipped and snapped trying to gain control of my mind and actions setting myself to "Just do the next thing."  Even if it meant sending the next load for another extra spin/dry. The washer having issues of its own.
My naughty self wanted to take over.  I fought some more.  In short, I was having a bad attitude and I was appearing to enjoy it.  I am irked by things I used to do.   With shame, I had put God at the bottom of my to do list.
Some days are just like Alexander's, Horrible, Terrible Day, the classic, I used to read to my children when they were young.

"In this contemporary classic, veteran children's author Viorst introduces us to Alexander, a kid with an unruly crop of hair, who gets out of bed to face a day that seems to grow increasingly worse with each passing minute.

Indeed, on the very first page, Alexander wakes to hair full of gum, trips on his skateboard, and drops a sweater in a sink full of water.

At breakfast, his brothers are having a far better day — having found prizes in their breakfast cereal — which makes Alexander feel worse.

School offers him no respite from his horrible day: he gets reprimanded by a teacher, he gets demoted to third best friend, and at lunch, finds himself dessertless. Could the day get worse?

After school, the dentist discovers a cavity, the elevator door closes on his foot, and at the shoe store, he has to buy plain white shoes (while both brothers get shoes with stripes!). Later, he gets lima beans for dinner and there's kissing on TV. Alexander can't wait for this day to end."  ~unknown review
 All though, my days are not quite as drastic as that, there have been many days, I just can't wait for the day to end and then when it comes, I can't wait for the night to end.
 Life is so strange.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment