Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

FERRY TALES

Adventures are an invigorating pick me up. 
They re-energize and bring inspiration, and just make you plain thankful for all those those little joys along life's journey.  By all visual aspects, an adventure is a matter of perspective and outlook.

"One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure."  ~William Feather

Spectacular water crossings always open the door to enriching adventures.  I loved the idea of gliding across the beautiful Puget Sound on the ferry.  It is always an unforgettable experience.  The panoramic view is breathtaking each way, with gorgeous views and tons of opportunity to take pictures and videos.
Sure you can chill out in the vehicle or sit in a booth inside but I did not want to deprive myself of the experience of walking about and missing out on what was happening in the world about me.  You never know what one may encounter, see, hear, feel or taste.  It was a feast for the senses.  I found my favorite cookie on board.

The rhythmic sound of the engine , the whiff of salty air, and the wind whipping through the hair, or the ferry pulling out.  The real joy was captured outside.
My happy place during our visit to the Emerald City, was the relaxing cruise on the ferry.  It can always put anyone in a better mood. 
The magical moment, one I will cherish, was taking the moment to witness the end of a perfect day.  One of the best sun-downers I have ever been treated to.
The image in the water did not disappoint

  It's long light path ended right in front of me as I sat in a booth inside.  The effect of the waves on the water provided a continuous path to the sun off in the distance.  I sat there mesmerized.
  Looking pensively over the waters, something deep moved inside me. How wonderful this world  because God created it and said it was "Good".  All this for me? 

33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
    How unsearchable his judgments,
    and his paths beyond tracing out!
34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
    Or who has been his counselor?”
35 “Who has ever given to God,
    that God should repay them?”
36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
    To him be the glory forever! Amen. ~Romans11:33-36


 

No comments:

Post a Comment