Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 29, 2018

CHEERIOS FOR DINNER

I'm having Cheerios for dinner.  What are you having?
Can't keep the lid on any longer.

  I have been cooking for 43 years.  I have been using the same Farberware stainless Steel pots and pans for those 43 years, eating off the same meal ware, vintage Old Town Blue Corelle dinner ware,
  using the same Supreme floral cutlery from Japan for the same.
 I need a good kick in the derriere.  43 years is a long time!
Cooking is my least favorite household task.  Every time someone posts a recipe or some yummy snack, I want to scream.
The thought of the amount of time to get food on the table, trying to blend together flavor with nutritional needs with time constraints drains my energy just at the thought.
 I used to cook and plan meals for the family but since my father passed away, I have had no interest in cooking.  (I did bake a loaf of banana bread yesterday.)

Farberware stainless Steel pots and pans
 There are so many other things I'd rather be doing. Grocery shopping is another part of the equation.  Growing up, Dad  did all the food shopping which included walking down the mountain on market day or monthly staples on trips into Mexico City or Puebla.  He always took one of us kids to help carry up the baskets full or to guard the car while in the city.  My mother was good at organizing the lists.
 Although, I do not hate it, I find it burdensome trying to figure out what to purchase and make for dinner EVERY night.
Dad at the market

I am not thrilled with much in my fridge.  My inspiration is at an all time low.  I am always looking for low preparation things.

My problem isn’t cooking, really, but having to think: find the inspiration, the recipe, shop, and focusing on what I am doing. I do enjoy going out to eat, however, restaurant food is not all that stimulating either.
My problem is , I want to spend more time outside of my kitchen. I’m tired of cooking.
I'm looking for healthy ways to eat without having to prepare each and every meal from scratch.
My problem is shifting into the mode of self care and preparing meals for only two.
Pot Head
Sometimes I just don't know what is going on.  I have been cooking for my husband and family for 43 years.  I have cook books and recipes.  So that is no excuse.
If I had the luxury of winning the lottery it would include a personal chef.   If someone else made the plans and decisions for meals, I would be on cloud nine.
So it's Cheerios for dinner tonight.  Well maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment