Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Everybody has a Story, My Journey Part 2

I have always marveled over past events that have led up to my present status.  What at present was perceived as unfortunate have made me what I at present am and my journey continues.  "Each of us may be sure that if God sends us on stony paths He will provide us with strong shoes, and He does not send us out on any journey for which He does not equip us well." --Alexander Madaren.   God allowed or thrust me out of the nest what I perceived as prematurely but God provided me with strong shoes, God's Word and a Godly grade school teacher.  He, however, did not thrust me out in sandals, slip-flops, or high heels.  He sent me out with "The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding" and with "My presence will go with you...Ex.33:14.  He sent me out with a two-edged sword.  He sent me out with the source of all comfort as a merciful father,Cor.1:3.   Many times, multiplied, sometimes gladly, other times with a touch of sadness and often with profound sadness alone and unattended or accompanied to undertake yet another year of school away from my parents.   I began that part of my journey with the few memories of my first year of school in 1955.  As a six-year-old, blond-haired, I started on a 22-hour trip, with my father, to school in our Willy Jeep.  This was in September when Hurricanes Hilda and Janet were causing havoc along the Golf Coast of the Republic of Mexico (My parents were missionaries.)  Flooded rivers delayed our travels and my father left me with another missionary family to continue that trip to my first day of school.  About six weeks later, I arrived via airplane to our destination.  There were no telephones and the telegraph lines were down.  We landed in a "cow-pasture" airstrip with no one to meet us.  My first day of school began in October, in a one-room school room with five other students.   We learned to read about Dick and Jane and Baby Sally and finished the year in June.

1 comment:

  1. You must have SO MANY stories, from your life in Mexico. I hope you post more. Love the bird sheltering her little ones. Love how God sheltered you too.

    ReplyDelete